With history reaching back to the 1920's, the clutch purse has long been a staple in women's accessory design. Clutches allow for the sleek and easy portability of necessary items, making them ideal for formal events or minimalist looks. Stylight brings a selection of clutches that span vintage, art deco, modern, and bold futuristic styles. For understated elegance or unique statement pieces, this selection of designer clutches can solve any accessory conundrum.
Give the clutch a hand! Which clutch for which style?
You see them on almost every red carpet: Clutches! But now, this adorable little handbag has become the star of everyday fashion, too! Small and square, classic or in XXL: Available in almost every shape and color, these miracle bags will complement any outfit. The general rule of thumb is: The dressier the outfit, the smaller the clutch. Larger clutches are a great way to turn heads as you go about your usual day.
BUT WHICH DESIGN IS BEST FOR WHICH OCCASION?
- Clutches in a classic rectangular format are a fabulous way to bump up the style factor of any cocktail dress, while the mini-version complements your favorite little black dress just as well as that new floral dress you bought for the garden party next week. Larger styles lend business outfits a hint of elegance and are a great way to show off your personality in comparison to classic handbags.
- Hand-strap clutches with a convenient strap for the finger, hand or arm are not only practical, but also give the wearer a totally unique look. These bags are all about experimentation, from playful fabric combinations to a studded rock ‘n’ roll look. Leather styles with studded straps are a perfect addition to your everyday look.
- Box clutches are better for glamorous evening events and special occasions like weddings and anniversaries. Covering the entire spectrum from metallic and eye-catching statement elements to gold lining and extravagant glitter or sequins, these clutches are like jewelry you can hold in your hand!
- Portfolio clutches can infuse your favorite office ensemble with an extra large dose of style, its sophistication leaving traditional briefcases looking old and outdated.
- Men’s Clutch: Men appreciate clutches, too, since they allow them to have the essentials close at hand without requiring a boring briefcase. These designs tend to be more minimalistic, with flashy accents generally limited to unique zippers and metal clasps. Clutches with an exciting retro-look style are a better choice for nights and weekends.
“To clutch” literally means to “cling to something”. But what’s the most elegant way to do this? What to do when the buffet is calling or there’s no good place to put your favorite accessory during a candlelight dinner? Easy – clutches don’t lose an ounce of style when held tightly between your elbow and waist. And if there’s no room on the table, simply stow it between your back and the back of the chair; not only is this a safe place to keep it, but it also helps improve your posture! You see? A clutch really can do it all.