- 1 of 2
7/8-length jeans for evening events: the 3 best looks!
Jeans for evening events? Is that really the done thing? Without a doubt; it all depends on the type of event and the style of the jeans and accessories. And if sneakers are now considered befitting for the red carpet, what’s to stop 7/8-length jeans from staying out late? Here are the 3 best looks for hot nights on the town in 7/8-length jeans:
1. The 7/8-length jeans for cocktail parties & dining out
- The look for her: French chic with a touch of “je ne sais quoi”
- Styling: Opt for high-waisted pants in the form of sexy 7/8-length slim-fitting jeans or jeggings in dark colors, such as denim blue or black, combined with a black blouse or a tunic shirt. Or alternatively: a bright red bandeau top or a classic bouclé jacket in light blue, white or black. Shoes: black pumps or high heels.
2. The 7/8-length jeans for the poetry slam event
- The look for him: bourgeois businessman cum bohemian intellectual
- Styling: go for dark blue jeans in combination with a minimalist-style men’s shirt with mao collar or a tuxedo shirt in black, green, olive or marine. Accessorize with a necktie (only if the shirt has a classic turn-down collar) made of black or dark gray silk together with a refined varsity jacket or a light-weight army jacket, whichever suits you best. Shoes: matte leather moccasins or edgy lace-up trainers.
3. The 7/8-length jeans for birthday parties
- The look for both sexes: neither over- nor under-dressed, sporty yet elegant, for long nights on the town and spontaneous clubbing.
- Styling: slightly wider-cut 7/8-length jeans with turned-up hem and colored inner seam detail for visual interest. Wear with a funny caption or print shirt; shirts and blouses with a bold tropical or floral pattern and oversize jersey jackets are also good options. Shoes: dark sneakers, pointed ballet pumps, studded ankle boots or slip-ons. Accessories: statement necklaces and ear cuffs for her, leather wristbands and sporty retro-look metal watches for him.
The reason why 7/8-length jeans look so sexy is because they reveal the ankles. After all, in former times it was considered quite risqué for a lady to grant a gentleman a glimpse of her slender calves. But thankfully those days have long since been and gone!