Leather handbags add an element of elegance and style to any look. From a brightly colored clutch by Fendi, perfect for looking good when going out on the town, to a classic black leather purse by Jill Sander, ideal for work and those who want to achieve a more classic style, the possibilities are endless. A large collection of leather handbags are now available on Stylight, from sleek leather totes, to printed straw bags, perfect for the summer. Whether it's something simple or bold, this selection offers the perfect leather handbag for every personality.
Leather handbags: 8 tips for buying and caring for these lifelong friends
Where can you bring your leather handbag? That’s easy: Anywhere! There’s a reason why leather handbags are a favorite among so many trendy fashion fans! The soft, lightweight material proves its worth all year round, its robust nature making it exceptionally durable. With the proper care, your leather handbag will bask in its original splendor for years to come.
LEATHER HANDBAGS: HOW DO I CHOOSE…
- The kind of leather? Delicate suede leather makes a good impression in everyday business situations or for more dignified occasions. If you’re in for an action-packed day full of hard surfaces and sharp corners, we recommend opting for smooth leather.
- The right style? When deciding which style of handbag is right for you, you need to consider what you’ll be using it for. The shopper offers enough room for larger purchases; the clutch is perfect for carrying the essentials; the shoulder bag frees up your hands; and the tote bag gets high marks with its classic style.
- The right size? It’s also important to consider what size best suits you. As a general rule of thumb, petite people should opt for smaller bags, while curvy women can feel confident choosing a large tote bag. Careful with shoulder bags! The can cut unattractively across the chest.
- The right price? As we all know, quality comes with a price. That’s why it’s such a good long-term investment to spend a bit more on the right leather handbag. For those on a limited budget, simply choose a bag with a different base material, such as cotton or imitation leather, complemented by authentic leather elements.
SOS: 4 TIPS SHOULD THE UNTHINKABLE HAPPEN TO YOUR LEATHER HANDBAG
- Identify the type of leather you’re dealing with: Knowing the leather type is crucial for proper handling and care; otherwise, you could be making the damage a whole lot worse.
- Prevention is better than mending: Just as with a human, it’s better to prevent damage to the health of your handbag than to try and mend the damage afterwards. Long before the first use, be sure to treat your bag with a special impregnating spray.
- Watermarks: Watermarks are the bane of all leather bags. However, all you need are a few household liquids and poof! The mark is gone. Lemon juice, milk or vinegar are perfect for erasing water marks. Just make sure you let the bag dry well after treating it.
- Wax and gum: Don’t panic! All you need to do is put your bag in the refrigerator or freezer for a few minutes and the unwanted substance can easily be pulled off. Use an eraser to get rid of any leftover traces and your bag’s as good as new! If your bag is made with dyed, shiny leather, use a hairdryer to melt the wax and then dab the wax away carefully with a clean cloth.
Leather handbags are a great investment. With the proper respect and care, your leather handbag will forgive almost any mistake and keep you smiling for years to come.